1. Pakikipagkapwa-tao : Opening yourself to others and feel one with others with dignity and - Respect life as fellow human beings
- Sense of fairness and justice
- Concern for others
- Ability to empathize with others
- Helpfulness and generosity
- Practice of hospitality
- Sensitive to other feelings and trust
2. Family Orientation
- A genuine and deep love for family.
- Commitment and responsibility
- Honor and Respect
- Generosity and Sacrifice
- Sense of trust and Security
3. Joy and Humor
- Filipinos have a cheerful and fun-loving approach to life and its up and down, Pleasant Disposition, a Sense of Humor and Propensity for happiness that contribute not only to the Filipino charm but also to the Filipino Spirit.
* Laughing or smiling at those we love and hate.
* Tend to make joke about our good and even bad fortune
* Smiling and heads up even in the most trying of times
- Emotional balance and optimism
- Healthy disrespect for power and office.
4. Flexibility, Adaptability and Creativity
- Easy to adapt, blend to other culture, practice other tradition, speak and study other languages and even diff. environment or climate)
5. Hard Work and Industry
- Capacity for hard work given to raise one's standard living of a decent life for one's family.
6. Faith and Religiosity
- Faith in God - accepting reality to comprehend as a human created by God. "Pampalakas-loob"
7. Ability to Survive
1. Extreme Personalism
- Always trying to give personal interpretation to actions (Cow fave or Mahilig sa "baka' ")
- Thank you with "but" (compliment-criticism-compliment)
2. Extreme Family Centeredness
- Very strong family protection whether it is in good or bad condition and situation (consentidor) (overprotected)
3. Lack of Discipline
- Very relaxed attitude but POOR Time Management (the famous Filipino Time)
- Impatient and unable to delay gratification or reward
- Love to take short-cuts or 'palusot' system
4. Passivity and Lack of Initiative
- Strong reliance to others fate (Makapag-Asawa ng Mayaman - or Manalo sa Lotto) (Mayaman-Mapera-Abroad naman si Mommy and Daddy/Lola and Lolo or Tito or Tita or Pinsan or Ninong etc.)
- Yeah the famous PINOY PRIDE. It is all because of the race (nationality/blood) not by person's attitude, hard-work, dream and perseverance etc.
- Claiming someone achievement even they are not representing the same flag just because of ethnicity. (Mabuhay ang mga Pinoy kahit American Citizens etc. na and they representing other country na.)
- Very complacent (relax) but their rarely is a sense of urgency (It's OK we have 1 day left to finished, just relax)
- Strong personality but Lack of Self-Confidence and strong determination to achieve goals
- Good at start but NO Sense of Continuity (sometimes no direction at all or no plan at all)
- Too patient without any plan or action (matiisin) "Bahala na System" - No matter what, At least we tried (paconsuelo).
- Doubt and Debate or Argument or Objection first than to study, discuss until planning and action
5. Colonial Mentality
- Patriotism vs Active awareness - (mas maganda and magaling kasi ang ibang bansa, mas masarap)
- To much appreciation to other nationality and foreign products than native one (local vs imported)
- Lack of LOVE and Appreciation on what they have
- Open outside but Side-open or Close inside (it's OK and Best to RECEIVED more than to Share)
6. Kanya-kanya Syndrome
- Self-serving attitude that generates feeling of envy and competitiveness towards others (status vs prestige).
- Personal ambition but insensitive to common good (people & own country)
- Crab mentality (Hilahan and Inggitan System)
- Lack of appreciation resulting unhealthy competition
7. Lack of Self Analysis and Reflection
- Superficial and flighty or dreamy